Jumping on Entrepreneurship

Parkour, Startups, and Travel


Read Next

Zac "Happydud" Cohn's Summer Parkour Adventure

For the longest time, I've always wanted to wander. Every few months I'd come up with an idea. Last year I spent about a week trying to figure out how long it would take to walk across the country, from the Atlantic to the Pacific (ending in San Fransisco, because it's the best city that side of New York City).

For the few past month or so, I've been planning a Cross-country Parkour tour for this summer. Within the past month, it's really taken off. I'm going to be crashing on traceurs' couches, chairs, beds, and floors. I'm going to be hitting up as many of the national jams as possible, and visiting as many local communities as I can. I'm also planning on buying a camcorder (read: already bought it, waiting for it to be shipped!) and making a documentary about the whole trip. Kind of a "This is how America trains!" sort of thing.

These are the cities I'm planning on going to, most likely in this order:

DCPittsburghPhillyNYCClevelandDetroitAnn Arbor/UofMChicagoMinneapolisMadisonSeattleSan FransiscoLAPhoenixDenverOklahoma CitySan AntonioAustinMiamiWest Palm BeachJacksonvilleAthens, GACharlotteChapel HillDC

I'm currently aiming for it taking about 7-8 weeks. I'll be starting in DC with (B)East Coast at the end of May, but then I'm hanging around the area until the Philly jam on June 6-7th. From there I'm headed back to NJ/NYC with Jesse/Hardcoretracuer, and I'm using his house as a base of operations until PKNY. So lucky NYC, I'll be around for two and a half, three weeks!

Part 2 - My Unintentional Diet Story

On The Unintentional Diet

We picked our son up from camp...based on what had happened I was very thankful I was alive to see him. We went home to Nashville and as always I made him a special dinner to celebrate his return home. We had pork tenderloin with a fresh peach salsa and his favorite ice cream. I felt like my throat was tight but blamed it on being a little paranoid. On Sunday morning I made bacon and eggs for breakfast and again felt lightheaded and very strange. Again just thought I was being overly sensitive.

Monday Kirk had to leave for a business trip and I promised to take it easy. I also had my sone there to help. By Monday afternoon I was still not feeling well and called my doctor. They suggested I come in to the office. Once there she gave me another steroid shot (with all the steroids I was hoping I was not going to start growing facial hair and have me voice start changing :) ). She was very concerned and set me up the next morning with the best allergist in Nashville. I went to his office on Tuesday and proceeded to go through the whole story of the things I had happen and also mentioned the tick bite I received in June. (This was now August 5th). He looked at me and said based on my reactions and the foods I had eaten he knew what I had..but he wanted to do blood tests to confirm. They drew a lot of blood and tested me for every known allergen under the sun.

I went home to await the results. On Wednesday I had my usual smoothie for breakfast and started again struggling with throat tightening and feeling faint. My son had been to a movie with a friend. When they dropped him off I told my friend I was not doing well and felt I needed to go to the ER at Vanderbilt. I was talking to my doctors office on the way and they said I needed once again to inject myself with an epipen. My friend pulled over to the side of the road and popped the epi in my leg with all her might (she was making sure it got in me..I could not walk for a weak). We laugh about it now but thankfully she was there and not afraid. We were 30 minutes from Vandy, it was rush hour and knew we would not make it before the epi wore off. We pulled into a church parking lot and called an ambulance. They gave me more Benadryl and steroids on the way. Once again I found myself in the ER, not really knowing what was happening to me.

My doctors decided to admit me to the hospital so they could control the environment I was in until they figured out what was wrong with me. They were going to let me go home on Thursday until I had a reaction to plain chicken and rice? Really? Chicken and rice! I was so upset and confused. So they gave me another round of chicken and rice for dinner...this time no reaction?? On Friday morning I got a call from my allergist...I was diagnosed with Alpha-gal.

Rendering New Theme...