24 Things I Did At 24
I turned 25 years old 88 minutes ago. I’ve been reflecting on the past year a lot the past few days, and I thought I would list 24 things that I did while I was 24. Next year, I might do a “25 things I did while I was 25” post. This might turn into a nice tradition, as well forcing me to get more and more interesting the older I get. :)
So, in no particular order, 24 Things I Did At 24:
- Joined LIFFFT as a Partner.
- Became “not incompetent” at one type of partner dancing (Blues dancing, specifically).
- Launched the Seattle Customer Development Meetup.
- Gave up the Hacker News Seattle Meetup and handed it off to someone else.
- Did a TEDx talk.
- Was invited to emcee and speak at a conference in the Philippines.
- Went Scuba diving for the first (through fifth…) time.
- Brent Spiner (Data, from The Next Generation) played with my Google Glass.
- Publicly launched the War on Pizza.
- Was interviewed in studio for a live radio program.
- Facilitated 7 Startup Weekend events.
- Hosted two friends on my couch for a total of 5 months.
- Went skydiving for the first time.
- Went hot air ballooning (not at the same time as #13).
- Played on a recreational soccer league (for at least part of the season…).
- First time to the Southern Hemisphere (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- Got laid off from my job at Startup Weekend.
- Moved out of my home of 3 years and couchsurfed for a while.
- Raised $15,000 (committed) to fund a project to crowdfund NASA.
- Involved in the Planetary Resources Kickstarter campaign to raise $1.5M to crowdfund a satellite.
- Learned a lot about Enterprise Sales. Learned I have a lot more to learn about Enterprise Sales.
- Guest Trustee for The Awesome Foundation
- Flew 74,000 miles and achieved Gold Frequent Flyer status on Delta (and am only 1000 miles short of Platinum!)
- Hired someone for the first time.
Look out next year for the thrilling sequel, 25 Things I Did While 25.