Top 25 Things I Did At 25
On my birthday last year, I made a list of the Top 24 Things I Did At 24. It was a fun project, and I decided I’d make it a yearly tradition. That way, every year I grow older I’m forced to do more and more interesting things.
My 26th birthday was yesterday, and while it’s a day late, here is my list of the Top 25 Things I Did At 25. A few things didn’t make the cut, which is good. It means I did more than 25 cool things this year.
So, in no particular order:
- Met the Governor Jay Inslee of Washington, who thanked me “for bringing [my] creative talent to the State of Washington.”
- Learned to ride a motorcycle
- Met Chris Hadfield, Astronaut Extraordinaire
- Closed my first 5 figure contract (with DARPA, none the less!)
- Closed my first 6 figure contract
- Planned a 10 day workcation to Nicaragua… with 3 days notice.
- Learned to surf.
- Got much better at Blues Dancing focusing on it hard. Danced 18 out of 31 nights in January.
- Went to Israel
- Learned to Salsa (In Israel, in Hebrew).
- Traveled to Palestine to mentored four startups at the first startup accelerator in Palestine.
- Blogged about my time in Palestine and Israel.
- Was a little bit homeless for 3 months, then moved in with two great friends.
- Resigned/laid myself off from LIFFFT.
- Gave a talk at Ignite Seattle in front of 800 people.
- Hit platinum status on Delta.
- Saw the Aurora Borealis from an airplane on my way back home from 5 weeks of travel.
- Gave talk to 200 people at the LeanWA conference. Someone told me it was “the best session I’ve ever been to at a conference”
- Started Wonful Consulting
- Bought a car with the intention of selling it five months later. (It was cheaper than renting) (haven’t sold it yet. oops)
- Booked a crazy trip. NYC-Milan-Prague-Paris-Bangkok: $177. Then doing Burma-Egypt-Turkey-Paris on the way back.
- Wrote a book. (It’s not quite out yet… but it’s written!)
- Was called a “waste of taxpayer money.” (The other 399 people at the event disagreed)
- Went to The Island.
- Got SCUBA certified
Okay, 26. #Letsdothis.
Picture is of Fisher having a “Say Anything” moment during our workshop at the LeanWA conference (#18).
I leave for my crazy trip (#21) in 13 hours. Spending 41 days traveling. Should be awesome. I’m hoping to write daily. Most of them will be blog posts, although some of the writing will be for work.